Saturday, January 28, 2012

Be at Peace with Everyone...

Yesterday i was driving to work on my usual hour drive in traffic. I often listen to a christian radio station to gather perspective and gain a daily spiritual boost. The pastor was referencing a passage on the topic of revenge. The passage was translated as Be at Peace with Everyone and Let the Wrath of God...

As I was listening to this message, calm took over my traffic tense shoulders. For days I'd been dwelling on something that someone had shared with me. I was distured and troubled that an acquantance would call me to tell me I should unfriend someone I knew from Facebook and other affiliations because this person had rubbed her the wrong way. Really? A fifty something year old women has nothing better to do than to target folks and spread cancer on their character? Although I'd typically speak up and speak my ethical mind, I froze. I was speechless. This person was taking vengeance on someone I knew and I didn't want to be involved yet I was being sucked in. I was tempted to tell her off and yet the words didn't come out of my mouth. This wasn't the first time and certainly wouldn't be the last. At first I thought she was simply venting and I was being a friend by listening. Then I realized how serious she was. What to do? What to do?

And then here was this spiritual message. Be at Peace with Everyone and Let the Wrath of God...

No comments: